FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Usage of HT injector

Do you use the HT injector and what is your overall experience?

I don't use the HT injector, only the WB with CAS
17%
I use the HT injector and have had no problems with signal stability
50%
I use the HT injector and have had problems with signal stability but have resolved them
No votes
I use the HT injector and continue to have problems with signal stability
33%

Total votes : 6
<<

GregHopkins

Contributor

Post Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:01 pm

Usage of HT injector

Hello all,

I would like to get an idea of the overall experience with those regarding the HT injector. We early on had used only the HT injector but have for the last few months been having considerable problems with signal loss and instability when running samples with the HT injector (this is not seen or seen to a much lesser degree when we use CAS). When running with the HT injector, we are very conscious about only leaving the sample in water as long as we would need to. We do not necessarily want to scrap using the HT injector, as we have old longitudinal studies that have previously used this injector and it may jeopardize the overall comparability of studies if we jump to new injector for that purpose. I have created a poll to gather some basic feedback on your experiences and see if I can make some connections with others who may have faced similar problems.

Cheers,

Greg Hopkins
bluebird bio

PS, if there is an option missing in the poll below, please let me know. It would be great to capture the wide range of responses.
<<

desireeBCRT

Contributor

Post Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:51 pm

Re: Usage of HT injector

Hi Greg,

we still use the HT Injector on our CyTOF2/Helios (since 2015). If you are using the HT injecter since a long time and you start getting problems with signal intensity, CV or instability this seems to be rather an instrument related problem than a problem with the injector? And it then might be worth finding the actual problem rather than using WB and CAS.
The reason we still use HT and water is that we have long working days and often run 6-8 Mio cells per day (which comes to roughly 8-10 hours running time). We don't see how we can deal with cleaning of glassware and cones in that setting. And we haven't had any issues so far that were related to the HT injector. We get the samples in aliquots of appr. 1 hour running time and only resuspend them in water right before measurement. We keep them either as a pellet after the last water wash or even do the water washes right before measurement.

Desiree
<<

GregHopkins

Contributor

Post Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:55 pm

For those still having difficulty with the HT injector, would you care to elaborate on your experiences? I'd like to see if our issues are similar.
<<

EricHaas

Participant

Post Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:53 pm

Hi Greg,

At DFCI, we successfully implemented the CAS/WB acquisition protocol and found the cleaning to be a non-issue with long runs. I understand the concern with switching over in the midst of a trial, but I would recommend using the WB when starting new projects, as that protocol does show better resolution and stability over time.

I'd be happy to chat more about the differences we found and the transition to WB/CAS.

Eric Haas

Return to CyTOF general discussion