FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

best Annexin V reagent?

Forum rules
It is fine to promote your company's reagents. Just make sure they are relevant to CyTOF, and do so in moderation and style :-)
<<

GregHopkins

Contributor

Post Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:16 pm

best Annexin V reagent?

Hi,

We are interested in dropping Annexin V into one of our T cell panels and I wanted to know what others experience was for this regarding best reagent for detection. It seems that the options are I conjugate a metal directly to the purified, or stain with a fluorescent antibody and get an anti-fluorochrome antibody (Annexin V not a Fluidigm catalog reagent). Can anyone offer any advice as to which reagents have worked the best or given the clearest signal? Cells in apoptosis are presumably a very small amount, so it seems that a decent amount of sensitivity would be needed. I Have essentially 2 channels that are open in my current panel to put Annexin V in (157Gd, 173Tb; I want to avoid some of the super low or high atomic mass isotopes). 157Gd seems like a good choice at first glance.

Greg Hopkins
<<

GregHopkins

Contributor

Post Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:20 pm

Re: best Annexin V reagent?

I know that I'll potentially need to put 7-AAD on another channel as well if I really want to delineate between apoptotic and necrotic cells, but the question we are asking is really what types of cells we may be losing in a freeze/thaw process.

Greg

Return to Reagents for CyTOF