FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Helios nebulizer and Neb Gas supply line change

Forum rules
It is fine to promote your company's reagents. Just make sure they are relevant to CyTOF, and do so in moderation and style :-)
<<

mleipold

Guru

Post Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:08 pm

Helios nebulizer and Neb Gas supply line change

Hi all,

This is for users who have the Helios model instruments and purchase their nebulizers from Fluidigm (rather than directly from Meinhardt, which I know a lot of users do):

Apparently, Fluidigm is changing the Neb Gas supply line to nebulizer connection. I found this out while ordering an extra Helios nebulizer; I had not received any Product Announcement or anything official.

From the Fluidigm correspondence:
"Unfortunately 107081 is no longer available and has been replaced by 107141 Nebuliser price $745.00. I am trying to find out if there are any significant differences and will let you know as soon as I have the info."

"New Nebulizer Gas Line (PN 107142)
Rationale for use in mass cytometry
The updated Nebulizer Gas Line connection (PN 107142) will eliminate the stainless steel connection and allow a more direct and easy-to-use fitting to connect the gas line to the nebulizer side arm. It eliminates the plastic female fitting and stainless steel male fitting that may wear down over time from the previous version (PN 107082).
The updated nebulizer in the Nebulizer and Nebulizer Gas Line–Helios (PN 107144) does not have the plastic adaptor that came with the previous nebulizer (PN 107081)."

"Part 107141 is part of kit. To have a functional replacement of 107081 the customer will need to accept and order 107144 Nebulizer + Nebulizer Line price is $860.00. The good news is it is still less than the previous Helios Nebulizer."

Mike
<<

sarahkj

Participant

Post Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:27 pm

Re: Helios nebulizer and Neb Gas supply line change

Hi Mike,

I just ordered a nebulizer line and received old version/metal connection (PN 107082) for our Helios. I would have preferred one with the plastic connection as i have stripped/ruined a nebulizer because of this design. Is there any reason we would have received the old version? And do i understand correctly that the new version will not be compatible with current nebulizers? any chance we're getting reimbursed for that loss?

Thanks for the info. I find it odd that it came from you and not the company.

Sarah
<<

mleipold

Guru

Post Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:44 pm

Hi Sarah,

I would suggest that you contact your FAS for more information. I also do find it weird that Fluidigm did not notify Helios operators that they were making this change (apparently out of the blue, with no feedback from the field).

To my knowledge, no, there will be no reimbursement. But, again, ask your FAS.

Mike
<<

nkhanbham

Master

Post Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:39 am

I took a look at the Meinhard website and see they do nebulizers with different nozzles. Can anyone forward the details of which one matches the one Fluidigm use for the Helios instrument?
Thanks
Naeem
<<

agomezc

Participant

Post Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:26 pm

Cat #: HEN-120-A0.2
Item: Meinhard High Efficiency Nebulizer 1 L/m and 200 uL/m at 120 psi

Return to Reagents for CyTOF