FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Ca2+ and Mg2+ commercial solutions?

Forum rules
It is fine to promote your company's reagents. Just make sure they are relevant to CyTOF, and do so in moderation and style :-)
<<

mleipold

Guru

Post Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:11 pm

Ca2+ and Mg2+ commercial solutions?

Hi all,

I'm working on a customer development project, and one of the antibodies they want apparently requires Ca2+ and Mg2+ for function (binding to target epitope).

I typically use the Rockland PBS, which does not list Ca and Mg (though does not explicitly state that it is Ca-Mg-free). I also usually use 2mM EDTA in my antibody staining buffer; obviously I can't continue that.

Does someone have a recommendation for Ca2+ and/or Mg2+ commercial solutions that have been free of background for CyTOF?

Thanks,
Mike
<<

Hugocyt

Participant

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:32 am

Re: Ca2+ and Mg2+ commercial solutions?

Hi Mike,

I have never used for CyTOF but you could try any of the commercial "Annexin V binding buffer" (BD, Biolegend, ebBiosciences...). Annexin V binding is Ca2+-dependent. Alternatively, you might want to prepare your own buffer to adjust the Ca2+ or Mg2+ content. I used to prepare my HEPES buffer: 10 mM HEPES/NaOH, 140 mM NaCl, 4 mM KCl, 1 mM MgCl2, 2.5 mM CaCl2 for the Annexin binding.

/Hugo

Return to Reagents for CyTOF