Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:45 pm

Eu beads from Bangs Laboratories

Hi all,

Recently, I saw an ad for Eu chelate beads from Bangs Laboratories: product# FC02F http://www.bangslabs.com/applications/t ... crospheres
-Also see attached PDS.pdf

They come in 3 sizes: 0.1um, 0.2um, and 0.3um; I'm not sure of the size of Fluidigm EQ beads, but I think EQ beads are bigger. You can buy 1mL, 5mL or 10mL.

1mL of 0.3um is around $150. The lot I got was supplied as 7e11 beads/mL; I had to do a serial dilution down to 1M-fold in order to get the concentration similar to undiluted EQ beads.

I ran undiluted EQ beads and 1M-fold diluted Bangs Eu beads on one of my Helios instruments. I did not compare with Fluidigm Eu-only beads. I have attached a PDF of FlowJo Eu151 vs Eu153 plots comparing the Bangs Eu beads vs the Fluidigm EQ beads. I also attached an Excel of Median, CV, and SD.

In short: the Bangs beads are dimmer than the EQ beads, but are still pretty respectable at >1e2 Dual. One advantage to the Bangs beads is that their surface has COOH groups; therefore, if you wanted to covalently attach something to the surface, you could.

-Mike
Attachments
121916-Mike-Bangs-Eu beads-1M-Helios.jpg
121916-Bangs vs Fluidigm-Beads-CV-Median-SD.xlsx
(8.55 KiB) Downloaded 306 times
121916-Bangs vs Fluidigm-beads-Ungated-Eu vs Eu.pdf
(31.35 KiB) Downloaded 355 times
Bangs Eu beads-PDS 741 Web.pdf
(55.71 KiB) Downloaded 400 times