FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Precipitation of polymer

Forum rules
It is fine to promote your company's reagents. Just make sure they are relevant to CyTOF, and do so in moderation and style :-)
<<

Osiris

Participant

Post Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:20 pm

Precipitation of polymer

Hi there,

I am having problems with precipitate forming when I dilute Palladium metals into L-buffer or amonium acetate (which is the same as L-buffer, I hear).

In the past I've used X8 polymer to load Palladium metals and conjugate to CD45, which has worked really well. However, I tried to repeat this and when I added the Palladium (which is in 5N HCl) to the L-buffer or to 20mM amonium acetate I get a very cloudy yellow solution which slowly starts to precipitate out. I had this once before when I used L-buffer, but not with home made amonium acetate, and could not explain it, and also cannot explain it now. Does anyone have an idea what's going on?

Advice is very welcome!

Dunja
<<

ChristophS

Contributor

Post Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:04 pm

Re: Precipitation of polymer

Hi Dunja,

for Palladium (the nitrate) I have not had such issues, but with Wismuth (acetate) I did. What worked for me, was to put the small volume of 50mM metal in the tube first and then add the larger volume of polymer (in ammonium acetate buffer) in one quick go, immediately followed by vigourous pipetting. This way I got good loading in ITCB-EDTA and X8.

Hope this helps.

Christoph
Christoph Schwärzler
Director Cytometry
Flow Cytometry Facility (https://www.cytometry.uzh.ch/en.html)
University Zürich

Return to Reagents for CyTOF