FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

103Rh in the MDIPA kits

Forum rules
It is fine to promote your company's reagents. Just make sure they are relevant to CyTOF, and do so in moderation and style :-)
<<

CarolineD

Participant

Post Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:11 pm

103Rh in the MDIPA kits

Hello,
I would like to report that as a user of the Maxpar Direct Immune Profiling Assay (MDIPA) kits, I recently had some trouble with the Rh including in the lyophilized vials.
In my case, I stained thawed PBMCs as individual samples, then I fixed them (2% PFA in CyPBS) and permeabilized them with the 10X perm buffer included in the Pd barcoding kit from Standard Biotools. After barcoding, I pooled the cells and stained them with the Ir-intercalator.
With this sequence, I noticed that the rhodium staining is too weak to properly discriminate the dead cells from the live cells. This induces major background in some of the populations, resulting in unusable samples for analysis.
I reported the problem to STB and it is currently under investigation. I know that at least another group of collaborators has similar issues with these kits.
As a reference, I currently use several MDIPA kits from the lot #2202087-10-A, all of them have the same problem.
If you noticed something similar, don't hesitate to report the problem to STB. It might help them to improve the QC on the Rh and the MDIPA kits in general.
Regards,
Caroline
<<

JoDFCI

Participant

Post Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:27 pm

Re: 103Rh in the MDIPA kits

We continuously observe issues with MDIPA kit performance on 103Rh on multiple lots. As much as MDIPA is performimg fine on markers, Rh issue seems to be ignored by STB ("we dont see this issue on our side" :mrgreen: )

Additionally, there are publicly available MDIPA fcs files uploaded to Cytobank by then Fluidigm, where there was already very weak or no 103Rh staining (Fluidigm_Maxpar Direct Immune Profiling Assay_201325_Gating Example_v1.0 (Public))

Wondering if there are other users observing similar issues?

Return to Reagents for CyTOF