FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mouse live cell barcoding with CD45

Forum rules
It is fine to promote your company's reagents. Just make sure they are relevant to CyTOF, and do so in moderation and style :-)
<<

Osiris

Participant

Post Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:13 pm

Mouse live cell barcoding with CD45

Hi there,

Has anyone else tried to label mouse CD45 with pSCN-Palladium isotopes for live cell barcoding?

I followed the simple protocol from Mei et al., Barcoding of Live Human Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells for Multiplexed Mass Cytometry, 2015 (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25609839) published recently. However I find that the antibody gets dried up in an orange precipitate after the incubation period and there's no signal when I stain the cells. This doesn't happen with the human antibody. I can shorten the incubation period and spin at a lower speed for the subsequent washes but I just wondered whether anybody has had a similar experience and might have some ideas or tips?

Thanks!

Dunja
<<

henkmei

Participant

Post Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:49 pm

Re: Mouse live cell barcoding with CD45

Hi Dunja,

I am excited to see that you're trying CD45 barcoding for murine cells. Until now, I did not run into the issue you describe....; "precipitate" does not sound good to me. I remember that we once wished to upscale our Ab production and allowed for a DMSO concentration (DMSO coming from the ITCB -EDTA) of 10% rather than the 2% described in the paper in the conjugation reaction. With 10% DMSO we ended up with at least lower staining signal and about half the protein recovery determined by Nanodrop as compared to the 2% DMSO conjugation, but I can't remember a precipitation.

If you don't mind sharing details of your ITCB/loading & Ab conjugation experiment (here or by email) I could have a look at it.

Best
Henrik
<<

Osiris

Participant

Post Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:00 pm

Hi Henrik,

Thanks for the reply! I sent you a PM but it didn't appear in my sent messages so I'm not sure if you got it...?

Best,
Dunja
<<

henkmei

Participant

Post Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:27 pm

Hi Dunja,
I didn't get any PM, my inbox is empty. You can email me to hemei@stanford.edu.

Best
Henrik
<<

Pat1999h

Participant

Post Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:43 pm

Dear Henrik,

I am interested if you could solve the problem with CD45 barcoding in mice.

Sincerly

Patrick Hölker

Return to Reagents for CyTOF