FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Abcam Lightning Link Conjugation Kits

Forum rules
It is fine to promote your company's reagents. Just make sure they are relevant to CyTOF, and do so in moderation and style :-)
<<

tpichar

Participant

Post Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:21 pm

Abcam Lightning Link Conjugation Kits

Hello everyone,

Has anyone tried Abcam's Lightning Link metal conjugation kits? Their technical support said they have not been validated with mass cytometry, only with Westerns to demonstrate that the antibody was still present after conjugation. There is limited information on their site about kit components (of course) and so I am a bit nervous to try it on our instrument. If anyone has any experience with this kit versus the Fluidigm Maxpar X8 conjugation kit and can provide some insight, I would greatly appreciate it!
<<

EricHaas

Participant

Post Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:49 pm

Re: Abcam Lightning Link Conjugation Kits

Hi Everyone,

Reviving this thread. I am curious, too, if anyone has tried these lightning link kits for CyTOF. I was hesitant to get into them a few years ago when new, as they were unvalidated and seemed to be infringing on Fluidigm IP. As it is now, it seems the conjugation chemistry is different enough that the IP issue isn't a concern anymore.

Has anyone played with these and compared them to X8/MCP9 conjugations or otherwise? It seems if the kits work as advertised and are comparable to X8 conjugates, it would save a ton of time for conjugating panels.

Eric
<<

ssivajothi

Contributor

Post Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:57 pm

Hi,

I have tried the lightning link kits, but only for imaging mass cytometry. I have not done any technical comparisons with the X8 chemistry. I can only say that they seem to work pretty well. They have been stable for around 3 months to date and the signal looks like what I would expect with X8. They are SO much easier and less time consuming and should have higher yield as there are no spin steps. Let us know if you try it!

Best,
Santhosh
<<

mleipold

Guru

Post Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:00 pm

Hi Eric,

Some people have tried them. Here are some threads on Lightning Link (Expedeon, now part of Abcam):

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1639&p=4514&hilit=expedeon#p4514
- note comments and data from Axel and David in Nov 2019

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2977&p=6803&hilit=expedeon#p6803

Mike

Return to Reagents for CyTOF