FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

PAXgene blood collection and Prot1

Forum rules
It is fine to promote your company's reagents. Just make sure they are relevant to CyTOF, and do so in moderation and style :-)
<<

SteinErik

Participant

Post Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:42 am

PAXgene blood collection and Prot1

Hi,

Im not that familliar with PAXgene tubes, so this might be a very stupid question. But, is the Protein stabilizer buffer from Smart Tubes compatible with blood collected in a PAXgene tube?

I am trying to make the sample collection as simple as possible for site hospitals, and the trial would like to use PAXgene tubes. So, collect blood in PAXgene tubes, and then keep blood at room temp until adding to Prot1 and subsequrent freeze (30 min later or so).

Anyone with experience?

Best,
Stein-Erik
<<

mleipold

Guru

Post Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:58 pm

Re: PAXgene blood collection and Prot1

Hi Stein-Erik,

I haven't used Paxgene tubes for this; I'm not aware of anyone who has.

It looks like there are Paxgene RNA tubes (which look like they lyse and stabilize like Trizol) and Paxgene DNA tubes (which appear to be a blood stabilizer, but a separate lysis step is required for nucleus harvesting). So, DNA tubes are probably your better bet.

If I understand the Paxgene DNA tube protocol correctly, the cells are still intact, but I have to assume there's a fixative of some sort (as there is in SmartTube).

Short answer: you're probably going to want to do your own comparison of Paxgene DNA vs EDTA tube....

Mike

Return to Reagents for CyTOF