FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

conjugating monoclonal with gelatin present

Forum rules
It is fine to promote your company's reagents. Just make sure they are relevant to CyTOF, and do so in moderation and style :-)
<<

abanyard

Participant

Post Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:34 am

conjugating monoclonal with gelatin present

hi, I am in the process of trying to find a good antibody candidate for JIP4 to conjugate using the Maxpar kit . We have found one form Santa Cruz but its stored in 0.1% gelatin, so I'm thinking this will be the same problem as having carrier protein present, so potentially wont work? If anyone has any experience of using MAb with this present I would really appreciate any advice?
many thanks
Toni

Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute (CRUK MI) The University of Manchester
Block 33 | Mereside Alderley Park| Alderley Edge| SK10 4TG |United Kingdom
http://www.cruk.manchester.ac.uk/
<<

MCOlivier

Contributor

Location: European Genomic Institute for Diabetes, Universitity of Lille, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France

Post Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:18 pm

Re: conjugating monoclonal with gelatin present

Dear Tony,
It has been discussed previously in this forum, the solution for gelatin handling during conjugation being "simply" to increase centrifugations duration from 8 to 20 minutes :

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1183&p=3473&hilit=gelatin#p3473

I tried and it worked well ^^
Regards ;-)

Olivier
<<

Jahangir

Master

Post Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:01 pm

Hi Toni,

I've also had the same predicament in our lab and I found that increasing the centrifugation time does help.

However, with santa cruz, if you email them and ask them if they could supply the same antibody but without gelatin, I believe they can do that as that's what we've done in our lab whenever we want to purchase an antibody from santa cruz.

For example, with the GLI-1 antibody found on their page -> https://www.scbt.com/p/gli-1-antibody-c-1 , if you scroll down and look at the forms they can be purchased in. You'll see something called "GLI-1 Antibody (C-1) X". The 'X' stands for 'without gelatin'.

Try emailing them and hopefully they'll get back to you with a gelatin-free version of the antibody. Let us know how it goes!

Best,

Jahangir
<<

abanyard

Participant

Post Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:16 am

MCOlivier wrote:Dear Tony,
It has been discussed previously in this forum, the solution for gelatin handling during conjugation being "simply" to increase centrifugations duration from 8 to 20 minutes :

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1183&p=3473&hilit=gelatin#p3473

I tried and it worked well ^^
Regards ;-)

Olivier

thanks for this info, I will try this.
Toni
<<

abanyard

Participant

Post Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:18 am

Jahangir wrote:Hi Toni,

I've also had the same predicament in our lab and I found that increasing the centrifugation time does help.

However, with santa cruz, if you email them and ask them if they could supply the same antibody but without gelatin, I believe they can do that as that's what we've done in our lab whenever we want to purchase an antibody from santa cruz.

For example, with the GLI-1 antibody found on their page -> https://www.scbt.com/p/gli-1-antibody-c-1 , if you scroll down and look at the forms they can be purchased in. You'll see something called "GLI-1 Antibody (C-1) X". The 'X' stands for 'without gelatin'.

Try emailing them and hopefully they'll get back to you with a gelatin-free version of the antibody. Let us know how it goes!

Best,

Jahangir

thanks for your help, I have contacted them and they seem open to doing this, fingers crossed it conjugates ok!...thanks again
Toni

Return to Reagents for CyTOF