FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

CyTOF Sample Tubes

Forum rules
It is fine to promote your company's reagents. Just make sure they are relevant to CyTOF, and do so in moderation and style :-)
<<

ndawson

Participant

Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:38 pm

CyTOF Sample Tubes

Hey everyone,

Our lab is just getting started on CyTOF and need to buy some disposables for staining, etc. When I did the staining protocol at our FACS core with the technician, we were using silicon-coated epi tubes (Fisher #02-681-320) for staining, however, I didn't quite like that the syringe that we need to use to load the CyTOF didn't reach all of the cell suspension in the epi tube.

Has anyone found a better solution for this? Perhaps a different type of epi tube or a simply a technique change that we aren't realizing?

Nick
<<

elinastar

Participant

Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:31 pm

Re: CyTOF Sample Tubes

Hi Nick,
We use the regular Falcon tubes (352052) and the strainer capped ones (352235). Syringes are from VWR, HSW brand.
<<

mleipold

Guru

Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:07 pm

Re: CyTOF Sample Tubes

Hi Nick,

At the HIMC, we generally use multiwell plates for our stainings.

250 uL shallow well plates, or 1.2 mL or 2 mL deep-well plates, it doesn't really matter.

I know that the Nolan lab and at least one other lab use cluster tubes for their stainings.

In all cases, we always take the sample from the staining vessel and put it through one of the blue-capped cell strainer tubes before putting it on the machine. Therefore, the syringe only has to be able to fit *that* tube.

Mike

Return to Reagents for CyTOF