FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

"Validation Error" window

Forum rules
Please be polite and civil. We know that troubleshooting is vexing...
<<

kunicki

Contributor

Post Thu May 25, 2017 5:16 pm

"Validation Error" window

Hello,

A peculiar Helios-software issue came up where the instrument was running fine, but I could not collect data (in both Tuning or Acquisition mode) because a "Validation Error" window would pop up. (see attached screenshot)

The error did not go away after restarting the software with the instrument running (as administrator), nor by restarting the computer, nor restarting the instrument start-up (plasma off/on). Also, the correct Java version was installed, and applying older tuning settings would not circumvent the issue.

Fortunately, a service engineer arrived quickly and the problem was solved after logging on in service mode. After a Full Tune in service mode, I was able to log back on as administrator and record data without any problem.

The engineer and I believe the issue arose from an custom tuning setting with XY-Cal and Mass-cal only (without QC report selected), but I am curious if this error has occurred for any one else out there. Please share any questions, suggestions, or comments as I'd hope to avoid this issue again in the future!

Thank you!
Matthew
Attachments
Validation Error Window.png
"No mass/dual calibration data is found"
<<

mleipold

Guru

Post Fri May 26, 2017 2:45 pm

Re: "Validation Error" window

Hi Matthew,

I have never seen that error before, in almost 4 machine-years of Helios (2 machines x 2 years).

Were you trying to tune using that Custom tuning, or was it failing even in Full Tuning, or Acquisition Preview before you did anything else?

Mike
<<

kunicki

Contributor

Post Fri May 26, 2017 4:00 pm

I know right, brand new bug!

It was failing even for Full Tuning and Acquisition preview. Basically, all record/preview buttons would not work.
<<

vtosevski

Contributor

Post Mon May 29, 2017 11:43 pm

Hi Matthew,

I was getting the same/similar error message before, when I was attempting to run only QC step, to get the exact instrument performance without tuning. It was always failing, saying there wasn't any mass/dual calibration data available. Therefore, I figured the shortest protocol one can make is the mass, DV and dual count calibration, + QC. Choosing all those made the tuning go through fine and message would not appear anymore.

Vinko
<<

kunicki

Contributor

Post Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:02 am

Hello,

Thank you Mike and Vinko for the responses. I have re-run the XY-cal and Mass-cal tuning with QC report included, and did not see the same issue again. Being sure to include QC-report seems to avoid the issue for now.

Best,
Matthew

Return to CyTOF troubleshooting