FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

HELIOS Autosampler set-up extremely prone to clogging

Forum rules
Please be polite and civil. We know that troubleshooting is vexing...
<<

desireeBCRT

Contributor

Post Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:35 am

Re: HELIOS Autosampler set-up extremely prone to clogging

Hi Christoph,

unfortunately I don't know the inner diameter, but it is definitively bigger than the Helios lines. The pressure on the sample is much lower (7-8) and backflushing much easier. The sample needs a bit longer to reach the detector.
The lines I am using are about 35cm long. For best fitting the probe line could be a bit shorter, the sample line a bit longer. So having one that you could cut yourself to the required length would be great.

Also important is the outer diameter, which should be the same as the Helios parts to use the same fittings to plug it into the grounding nut and the PSI.

I will ask our service engineer for the spare part numbers for both lines and post it once I got them. As far as I remember they are not that expensive and I use mine since the post in december 2016 without any problems, just some backflushing once in a while (running tissues like brain, fat, gut, organoids, skin, etc.)

Best regards
Desiree
<<

desireeBCRT

Contributor

Post Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:40 pm

Re: HELIOS Autosampler set-up extremely prone to clogging

Hi,

here is a bit more information on the tubing I use. Unfortunately it seems that it is not possible to order the spare parts from BD, so you need to find someone with a FACSLyric or FACSVerse (or a BD service engineer who is performing maintenance on one) to get this tubing.

PartNr. 652468 'flowcell', length 343mm (as sample line from PSI to grounding nut)
PartNr. 652468 'flowmeter', length 316mm (as probe line inside PSI - this one could be a bit shorter)
for both: outer diameter 1/32, inner diameter 250micrometer
material: PEEKsil

Best regards
Desiree
Previous

Return to CyTOF troubleshooting