FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Autosampler Issue

Forum rules
Please be polite and civil. We know that troubleshooting is vexing...
<<

MWeigelt

Participant

Post Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:40 am

Autosampler Issue

Hello everyone,

recently I have some troubles with the autosampler of the cytof 2. Mostly with the sample introduction. Every time the plasma goes of when I start the tuning. Its right before the autosampler is loading the plate but even when the plasma is off the machine continues to do the tuning until I stop it then.

I did a dry-run where I took out the nebulizer and blocked the opening to see if its maybe a software issue but the plasma stayed on. During that I observe the spray and it looked good and constant. Then I changed the tubing that connects the sampler with the cytof resulting in the plasma shutdown.
But if I switch back to manual sample introduction I don't have a problem at all with the plasma. Does anyone has such similar problems with the autosampler?

Thanks!
<<

vtosevski

Contributor

Post Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:10 pm

Re: Autosampler Issue

Hi Marc,

I had those issues recently - the blue sample line going from the AS to the sample capillary was clogged. When I took it off and flushed it with a syringe, I was getting small drops on the other end vs. full stream shooting out on a new piece of tubing. Admittedly, I haven't run the AS after exchanging this, but I suspect this was the problem (this is also what a Fluidigm FSE suggested as a most likely culprit).

I realize this is only half-useful response, but I hope it helps :)

Best,
Vinko

Return to CyTOF troubleshooting