FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Invalid FCS file generation from FlowJo

Forum rules
Please be as geeky as possible. Reference, reference, reference.
Also, please note that this is a mixed bag of math-gurus and mathematically challenged, so choose your words wisely :-)
<<

lwagar

Participant

Post Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:32 pm

Invalid FCS file generation from FlowJo

I am collecting my cytof data as barcoded sample pools. After normalization, I load the files into flowjo and manually discard doublets, dead cells, and beads. I then use boolean gating to define each barcode and export the individual barcodes as separate fcs files for analysis. Lately I've noticed that flowjo (v 10.0.8) spits out fcs files that, when loaded back into a new workspace, are sometimes "invalid". Curiously, only some of the exported files are buggy. For example, 3 out of 10 codes were "invalid" from the same original fcs file. When I repeat the export process, the same 3 codes are affected. The file sizes look reasonable and I don't see any obvious problems with the file header. Any advice for a fix?
<<

mleipold

Guru

Post Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:11 pm

Re: Invalid FCS file generation from FlowJo

Hi Lisa,

You said: "when loaded back into a new workspace, are sometimes "invalid"" What happens if you load them back into the same workspace from which they were exported? Are they still readable there?

Mike

Return to CyTOF data analysis