FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

The new Gaussian parameters from Helios

Forum rules
Please be as geeky as possible. Reference, reference, reference.
Also, please note that this is a mixed bag of math-gurus and mathematically challenged, so choose your words wisely :-)
<<

dahern

Participant

Post Mon May 08, 2017 1:15 pm

The new Gaussian parameters from Helios

Hi,

Recently changed from a CyTOF1 to a the Helios system. I can't find much information on the 4 new parameters added to FCS files by Helios - width, residual, centre and offset. Could anyone point me in the direction of where these are explained or how we can use them to gate out ion fusion events? Is it as simple as just gating the large population as in the attached 2 plots? Do people now use these routinely as part of their gating strategy?

Centre.png
Offset.png

Many thanks,
David.
<<

RSchackmann

Participant

Post Mon May 08, 2017 2:34 pm

Re: The new Gaussian parameters from Helios

Hi David,
I contacted Fluidigm at the end of April asking about the whitepaper concerning the gaussian parameters. They have been working on it (for the past year at least) and something should appear soon, which I guess means it will be at least another year

Ron
<<

Chowduck

Contributor

Post Mon May 08, 2017 3:46 pm

Re: The new Gaussian parameters from Helios

Hi David,

Attached is a document I received from Fluidigm in September of 2016 that describes the Gaussian Discrimination Parameters. I don’t think anyone in our facility is using these parameters for doublet discrimination.

Regards,
-Greg
Attachments
Gaussian Discrimination Recommendations.pdf
(441.27 KiB) Downloaded 1237 times

Return to CyTOF data analysis