FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cytosplore crashes with Mass Cytometry files

Forum rules
Please be as geeky as possible. Reference, reference, reference.
Also, please note that this is a mixed bag of math-gurus and mathematically challenged, so choose your words wisely :-)
<<

Giorgio

Participant

Post Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:21 pm

Cytosplore crashes with Mass Cytometry files

Hello,
I have used Cytosplore to analyse fcs files from standard flow cytometry, and from cite-seq adts.
However, when I try to load fcs files containing Mass Cytometry data Cytosplore crashes. This happens also with really small files.
I am using the last version of Cytosplore on a MacBook Pro.
Is this a problem other users have experienced? Is there a quick fix?
Thanks a lot for your help,
Giorgio
<<

mleipold

Guru

Post Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:32 pm

Re: Cytosplore crashes with Mass Cytometry files

Hi Giorgio,

Hopefully the Cytosplore folks will chime in directly, but I think it's a Mac thing.

In March 2019, I tried Cytosplore on a Mac. It also kept crashing as soon as I hit "Compute HSNE".

In talking with the Cytosplore folks at the time, I got this emailed response:
------
"Unfortunately there are issues with some configurations on the Mac.

I am not sure what your technical background is. I short, macOS does not use a widely use industry standard for parallelization (OpenMP) in their system implementation, so we had to replace a system library with a 3rd library in Cytosplore. It seems in some weird cases a different library from the one we ship with Cytosplore is used, causing the crashes. I cannot replicate the issue on any of my test computers, however. Any chance that you would know whether you have another version of OpenMP or the Clang Compiler suite is installed on your system?

Unfortunately there is no real solution I can give, besides testing a different computer or running the Windows version on this computer."
------

Mike

Return to CyTOF data analysis