FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

TIMESTEP for Cytof data

Forum rules
Please be as geeky as possible. Reference, reference, reference.
Also, please note that this is a mixed bag of math-gurus and mathematically challenged, so choose your words wisely :-)
<<

CostaVUmc

Participant

Post Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:49 am

TIMESTEP for Cytof data

I would like to apply the flowAI package on my cytof data for automated removal of flow rate anomalies. FlowAI requires the $TIMESTEP parameter to do this, but this is not included in the headers of .FCS files that I obtain. I can add it myself in R.

Does anyone have a proper strategy for this? What is a proper value to add? Is this fixed for Cytof data?

I would appreciate some expert suggestions.

Many thanks in advance,

Costa
<<

BjornZ

Contributor

Post Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:33 am

Re: TIMESTEP for Cytof data

Hi Costa -- I think the correct value is 0.001 (that is, one TIME unit is 1 millisecond). That gives reasonable values for data I just looked at from a Helios and CyTOF2.
<<

XMUCyTOF

Participant

Post Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:08 am

BjornZ wrote:Hi Costa -- I think the correct value is 0.001 (that is, one TIME unit is 1 millisecond). That gives reasonable values for data I just looked at from a Helios and CyTOF2.

Hi,
I'm also trying the script, and I followed your suggestion by setting the second_fractionFR = 0.001. But it shows " The argument second_fractionFR must be greater or equal to timestep".
<<

jimbomahoney

Master

Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:33 am

I can't help with the flowAI, but I can also confirm that 1ms is correct.

I've written a script that plots FCS data vs. time and my script implements 10 ms units for flow data and 1 ms units for CyTOF data.

The results are correct for BD instruments (Canto, Aria) and CyTOF 2 and 3 (Helios) - i.e. the event rate and total acquisition duration are correct in each case.
<<

XMUCyTOF

Participant

Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:39 am

jimbomahoney wrote:I can't help with the flowAI, but I can also confirm that 1ms is correct.

I've written a script that plots FCS data vs. time and my script implements 10 ms units for flow data and 1 ms units for CyTOF data.

The results are correct for BD instruments (Canto, Aria) and CyTOF 2 and 3 (Helios) - i.e. the event rate and total acquisition duration are correct in each case.

Great, Could you please share your script with me? I'd like to have a try because I'm using the FlowJo plunges but it seems strange.
<<

jimbomahoney

Master

Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:11 am

Sure - please excuse the probably messy code! I'm new to R and cytometry!

https://github.com/JimboMahoney/CytobankGraphs
<<

XMUCyTOF

Participant

Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:19 am

jimbomahoney wrote:Sure - please excuse the probably messy code! I'm new to R and cytometry!

https://github.com/JimboMahoney/CytobankGraphs

Thank you so much, I'll try it.

Return to CyTOF data analysis