FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Upgrades to email notification system

Forum rules
All comments are welcome. A civil tone is appreciated :-)
<<

Ofir

Master

Post Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:47 pm

Upgrades to email notification system

Hello CyTOFers!
As our forum and activity over the past 4 years has grown, our email notification system failed to keep up. This system is the backend service that sends out emails when a new post or reply is submitted. As a result, some of you may not have received all email notifications and may have missed important messages.

To address this, today I will be making changes to our outgoing servers and settings.

Hopefully this upgrade will not affect your use of the forum and the functionality of the notification system.

However, in a classic case of Catch 22, if there is a problem I may not be able to communicate it to you in a timely manner. I therefore ask for your patience during a possible transition period.

I will post another update when the changes have been implemented.

Ofir
<<

Ofir

Master

Post Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:04 pm

Re: Upgrades to email notification system

Dear CyTOFers,
If you are receiving this message then the upgrade to the email notification system was successful.

Ironically, you may not know that an upgrade was done because the announcement was sent using the old system (which was not functioning properly).

On a related note, please make sure that you set your SPAM filters to allow messages from this sender moving forward.

CyTOF away!

Ofir

Return to Forum requests and announcements