FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Announcing CyTOForum post notification system

Forum rules
All comments are welcome. A civil tone is appreciated :-)
<<

Ofir

Master

Post Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:25 pm

Announcing CyTOForum post notification system

Dear CyTOForum member,
I am pleased to announce the launch of an automatic post notification system to help keep our forum members informed.

Since its launch in November 2013 the forum has become a valuable source of information and advice for the CyTOF community. There are currently 138 verified users discussing 53 topics (excluding literature).
The technology chosen for the forum (phpBB) is proving very useful, however users have reported that subscribing to posts is not convenient. The automatic notification system aims to resolve this issue.

I expect that, at the current the rate of posts, e-mails from CyTOForum will not burden your mailbox. The notification system will override subscription to individual topics or posts such that you should not receive duplicate e-mails.
If you choose to disable notifications, you can do so in the User control panel (link below header) -> Board preferences -> Edit post notification options ->> Subscribe to all posts.

I look forward to continued discussions of all things CyTOF in this forum.

Yours,
Ofir Goldberger
CyTOForum admin
<<

Ofir

Master

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:19 am

Re: Announcing CyTOForum post notification system

Dear all,
You may have noticed a few glitches with the notification system.
I thank you for your patience as we work through the final round of improvements.

Sincerely,
Ofir
<<

Ofir

Master

Post Tue May 12, 2015 3:45 pm

Re: Announcing CyTOForum post notification system

Dear CyTOFers,
It has come to my attention that occasionally users fails to receive a notification email for a new post.
This could be a bug in the email notification system, but so far I have only anecdotal reports which makes it very hard to troubleshoot.

If you know that you did not receive an email notification for a post published on CyTOForum (such as for a message you wrote or when you visit the web site directly), please send an email with as much detail as you can to cytoforum [at] gmail [dot] com. At a minimum, please include the thread title or link.

Thank you!
Ofir

Return to Forum requests and announcements