FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Helios and Hyperion mode switching request

<<

ghowell

Participant

Post Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:21 pm

Helios and Hyperion mode switching request

Hi all,
I'd be interested in discussing some logistical 'things' with labs who run their Helios and Hyperion in different modes (swapping suspension and imaging modes on the same Helios base system).
I don't want to clog up this forum with these discussions so if you'd like to connect please contact me off-list, if that's OK with everyone.
Thanks in advance
Gareth
<<

mleipold

Guru

Post Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:35 pm

Re: Helios and Hyperion mode switching request

Hi Gareth,

I wouldn't be concerned about clogging up the forum; Cytoforum is in a slow period for traffic, and is never that busy.

I would also say that it's probably of interest to a large number of people, especially as Fluidigm continues to sell Hyperion modules.

I'm curious though: from speaking with a number of cores with Helios and Hyperion, it's been my impression that a lot (most?) of them wind up getting two Helios: one for suspension, one for Hyperion (and each as backup for the other if one goes down at a critical time). Obviously this is a larger investment, but that's been my impression. I'm also curious how many individual research labs (ie, not cores) have a Hyperion: that has also seemed like something that goes into cores more than into labs. Is that the case?

Mike
<<

vscarfone

Participant

Post Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:53 pm

Hi Gareth,

I run in both modes, I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Thanks,
Vanessa
<<

ssivajothi

Contributor

Post Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:55 pm

Hi Gareth,

I switch between both in a part core/ part research lab setting. Let me know what questions you have.

Santhosh
<<

silatour

Participant

Post Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:08 pm

Hi Gareth,

Same here, we have a machine that we switch really often from helios to hyperion.

Happy to answer any question.

Simon

Return to CyTOF general discussion