FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Update to acquisition Template Creator

<<

jimbomahoney

Master

Post Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:47 am

Update to acquisition Template Creator

Hi all,

As mentioned in this thread, I now get my users to create their acquisition template themselves, rather than them give me a list of markers for me to program into CyTOF software.

I think this provides a number of advantages:

1) The user is reponsible for its accuracy, not me (the operator).
2) No need to install CyTOF software.
3) Some level of error-checking is built-in. (e.g. missing bead channels or missing Cell ID channel).
4) Upload from Excel is supported.
5) Additional functionality like adding / removing common things like barcodes, beads, common contaminants.
6) Some level of "intelligence" that allows blank channels to be added - these are channels that are likely to have spillover, either from +16 (oxidation), simple M +/- 1 or isotopic impurities (e.g. if using Er in the panel, this can show signal on 162, 164,166,167,168 or 170).
7) Built-in DIP (Direct Immune Profile) panel.

You can find the template creator here.

I'm tracking issues etc. on GitHub.

I've just updated it after finding that CyTOF software won't allow brackets (), in addition to a number of other symbols, so the template creator also "forbids" them now. (I had previously manually went through CyTOF software to find them all!) :D

As always, there MIGHT be problems with the template this creates, but it's been working fine for me...
<<

jimbomahoney

Master

Post Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:19 pm

Re: Update to acquisition Template Creator

Now supports upload from existing template file.
<<

jimbomahoney

Master

Post Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:09 am

Re: Update to acquisition Template Creator

Minor bug fixes (correctly forbids certain non-alphanumeric characters in marker / target names as per CyTOF software).

Return to CyTOF general discussion