FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Helios spare parts

<<

desireeBCRT

Contributor

Post Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:59 pm

Helios spare parts

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone tried out glassware (other than the nebulizer) and cones from different distributors than Fluidigm? At Cyto2019 in Vancouver there was a booth from Glas Expansion, showing cones, injectors, spray chambers etc. for "normal" ICP-MS. They said they might also be able to provide us with spare parts with Helios specifications if they just got the parts to examine and reproduce them.

Desiree
<<

AMitch

Contributor

Post Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:14 am

Re: Helios spare parts

Hi Desiree,

We've also been interested by Glass Expansion. They're quite a big name in ICP-MS/OES circles and are the original manufacturer for several of the major brands - essentially the way that Spectron produces cones, or Meinhard the glassware for Perkin Elmer or Fluidigm. Different core facilities at my institution have used their parts for a number of years and in our facility we also have a single cell ICP-MS system and will probably switch over to GE for consumables for this in the near future.

In terms of specific consumables for CyTOF/Helios instruments - as you say they currently don't produce these but seem to be very interested in doing so - cones in particular. I'm currently testing one of their nebulizers and so far it seems to work fine, but it's hard to see that it has any advantages over the Meinhard ones that Fluidigm resells (note: asume that you're getting nebulizers directly from Meinhard and not paying the Fluidigm markup?).

Andrew

Return to CyTOF general discussion